Application closing date:
Teachers Leadership scale L23-L30
30 Hours per week
The governors wish to appoint an outstanding leader for The Danesgate Community as it enters the next phase of its development. Danesgate is a successful 5-16 age range specialist setting for social, emotional and mental health needs. Danesgate is an incredibly rewarding place to work and also offers the successful candidate askilled staff team, supportive parents and established local partnerships.
Our pupils deserve the best staff and their headteacher will need to:
- Be an exceptional educational practitioner who knows how to ensure our pupils get the care they need to have successful future lives
- Be committed to further extending links with local schools and other stakeholders
- Have the knowledge and experience to navigate the challenging and complex landscape of special needs and alternative provision
- Have the vision and leadership skills to continue the school’s journey towards being an outstanding provision.
Apply by application form and letter please. Your letter should be no more than 2 sides of A4 (12 point font). Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Danesgate, Fulford Cross, York, YO10 4PB.
For an applicant pack or to set up a visit to Danesgate please contact Melanie Shepherd, PA to Headteacher & School Business Manager on email@example.com. If you wish to talk to someone over the holiday period please email a contact telephone number to Adrian Kybett, Chair of Governors, on firstname.lastname@example.org
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service
This post is subject to the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009 and as such shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a Disqualification Declaration. Any information supplied will be discussed at interview
An application form and further details are available to download below.
Please submit completed forms by post or electronically to: Danesgate Community, Fulford Cross, Fulford, York, YO10 4PB or email email@example.com
- Letter from Chair of Governors
- Information about the Danesgate Community
- Job description and Person Specification
- Application Form (MS Word format)
Wednesday 15 January 2020 at 12 Midnight
22 and 23 January 2020