School Business Manager
Application closing date
17th May 2018 at 12 midnight
Grade 8 Level 1-4 (£25,374 to £28,626 per annum) reduced pro-rata
14 & 15 hours per week; term time contract plus 3 weeks
Danesgate Community and Naburn CE Primary School (both part of the Fulford Cluster and to join the developing South York MAT) are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and self-motivated part-time School Business Manager. These are exciting and challenging positions to start as soon as possible.
The School Business Manager will work closely with the existing School Business Manager at Danesgate Community and the Headteacher at Naburn Primary School.
They will be expected to manage the effective provision of financial, contract and premises management,including all aspects of the school’s resources management:
- annual budget planning
- contract management
- support services
- health and safety
- access external funding.
Within the role you will be expected to support the Headteacher, Governors and Management Committee in the continuing improvements to financial management, and policy implementation for all aspects of health and safety on the premises.
The ideal candidate would:
- be an experienced individual who has a real commitment to the latest trends and developments in School Business Management
- have had significant financial and management experience in a school and familiar with FMS, IntegrisG2, PS Financials and HR, having AAT or equivalent qualifications would be an advantage
- have excellent communication, problem solving and negotiation skills
- have high standards of ICT, English and Maths skills
- be a strategic and innovative thinker
- have good people management skills and experience of line management
- have a thorough understanding of the requirements of health and safety management in schools
- have experience of managing and procuring for contracts
- have a flexible approach to working
Danesgate Community would like 14 hours per week and Naburn CE Primary School 15 hours per week.Both schools would consider these being carried out by the same person or two people. Please indicate your preferred number of hours and/or school on your application.
Informal visits to the schools are warmly welcomed. Please contact each school separately to arrange a visit.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is subject to the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009 and as such shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a Disqualification Declaration. Any information supplied will be discussed at interview
For further details and an application pack, please contact either Danesgate Community on 01904 64261,email email@example.com, or Naburn CE Primary School on 0190455105, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit completed forms for both positions by post or electronically to: email@example.com or Danesgate Community, Fulford Cross, Fulford,York, YO10 4PB
week commencing Monday 21 May 2018