For full contact details and a map of how to reach us please see the School Details page.
Travelling to the Danesgate Community site
- The nearest railway station is York, which is just under two miles away. Taxisand information about bus travel are available at the station and there are a number of bus stops nearby.
- The nearest bus stop to the Danesgate Community is located on Fulford Road, just a few minutes walk away from the site, and is regularly served by several different services which are routed along Fulford Road, including the frequent ‘Park and Ride’ service. You can plan your journey by public transport using the Yorkshire Travel website by simply entering your postcode and ours, which is YO10 4PB.
- Bicycle parking is available, with plenty of ‘sheffield stands’ under a canopy roof. This is located close to the entrance to the Skills Centre.
- There is a small on-site car park with a very limited number of spaces. There are two designated and marked disabled parking bays for use by staff and visitors.
Access to and around buildings on site
All visitors to the Danesgate Community should report to reception in the Skills Centre.
The Danesgate campus is comprised of four main buildings: the Danesgate Centre, the Bridge Centre and The Skills Centre, together with our Primary Unit. The different areas of the campus are connected internally and by concrete paths, with ramps where necessary, outside. Our buildings and classrooms on-site are all wheelchair friendly with a lift to the upper floor in the Skills Centre. We also have disabled lavatories and shower with wheelchair access available.
The Skills Centre:
- There is a shallow ramped access down towards the main entrance, or an alternate route with a set of three external concrete steps with wall-mounted handrails.
- The external double door is a powered automatic door. The following double doors to access the reception area are not automatic.
- There is a lowered section of the welcome desk.
- There are comfortable chairs within the reception area, which is evenly and well lit and which has dark grey tiled flooring.
- The main corridors are wide, with a smooth, dark coloured lino flooring throughout.
- A lift is available for access to the upper floor.
- There is a gender-neutral accessible toilet located off the reception area. A hygiene suite and a further accessible toilet, both gender neutral, are located on the main ground floor corridor. There are no toilets on the upper floor of the building.
The Danesgate Centre:
- There is ramped access to the main entrance door.
- There are accessible toilet facilities
The Bridge Centre:
- Visitors to Danesgate Primary and the Bridge Centre should report to the reception in the Skills Centre.
- There is an accessible toilet facility